Division: Account Services
Department: Account Planning
Level: Specialist IV
Position type: Mid Level
Status: Full-Time, exempt
Salary Ceiling: $68,000-$82,000
- Plans, organizes and coordinates writing assignments amongst team members.
- Writes technical materials, feature stories, brochures, newsletters, reports, instruction manuals, proposals, and other publications for government and private sector clients targeted to an array of audiences.
- Gathers, analyzes and translates scientific and technical information for consumers.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, terminology, correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Applies journalistic interviewing techniques to develop content for written materials.
- Edits written material and assists in layout process by suggesting charts, illustrations, photographs, drawings, sketches, and diagrams that best illustrate the material.
- Reviews, edits, or re-writes material prepared by other writers.
- Maintains content development research records, reports, and files.
- Develops stylebooks and recommendations for standard protocols for materials.
- Participates in content and materials development presentations and training.
- Provides value-based services, customer satisfaction, and timely delivery of services.
- Participates in company-wide business development, and marketing activities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in English, writing, or related field
- 10 years of formal work experience in editing, writing or proofreading
- Must have at least two years of technical writing experience
- Demonstrated superior writing abilities and attention to details
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Knowledge of media production, and dissemination techniques and methods
- Knowledge of graphic and design techniques
- Must have experience and demonstrated ability to work with outside research vendors, and diverse teams of creative and technical experts
- Demonstrated ability to work tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple research projects
- Journalism, public relations and media writing skills
- Experience writing for multicultural and age-specific audiences
- Language skills, and writing certification, a plus
- Experience writing about health, environment, science and technology, humanities, socio anthropology, arts, and entertainment a plus
- Experience in business development and marketing
- Knowledge of word processing, database, spreadsheets and project management software and general office communication equipment