Division: Account Services
Department: Account Planning
Level: Associate I
Position type: Mid Level
Status: Full-Time, exempt
Salary Ceiling: $68,000-$82,000
- Directs market research for clients including government and private sector.
- Manages projects including market research, formative research, and materials testing from initial research methodology and design, through fieldwork to analysis and reporting of findings.
- Supervises staff, coordinates research vendors, and makes tasks assignments.
- Ensures quality and value-based services, customer satisfaction, and timely delivery.
- Tracks staff hours to meet project budgeting needs, and prepares project analysis and progress reports.
- Position may require occasional domestic and international travel.
- Participates in company-wide staff development, business development, and marketing activities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 7 years experience in primary research, including public opinion, qualitative (focus groups, interviews), quantitative (survey design and methodology, tracking studies, statistical data analysis), and communication and materials testing
- Master’s degree in statistics, mathematics, behavioral sciences, or related field
- Must have experience working with outside research vendors
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to work well with others in both research and non-research areas
- Position requires some domestic and international travel
- Demonstrated ability to work tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple research projects
- Experience with public opinion leaders, multicultural and age-specific audiences
- Experience working in advertising, public relations, and social marketing preferred
- Experience with ratings data and OMB clearance
- Focus groups facilitation certification
- Language skills a plus
- Content knowledge in any of the following areas: health, environment, science and technology, humanities, socio anthropology, arts, and entertainment
- Experience in business development and marketing
- Master’s Degree and training or experience in survey sampling
- Must have training in and in-depth knowledge of the statistical methods used in sample design and selection, data collection, data entry, analysis and report, good programming skills, and familiarity with statistical software
- Knowledge of word processing, database, spreadsheets and project management software and general office communication equipment