MULTIMEDIA PRODUCTION SPECIALIST
Division: Arts & Production Services
Department: Multimedia Production
Level: Specialist III
Position type: Mid Level
Salary Ceiling: $48,000-$58,000
- Manages the creative process in its entirety while performing an array of multimedia production activities to support communication programs for a variety
of government and private sector clients. Primary functions including but not limited to are planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of web design, project manager, internet marketing, multimedia production, music and songwriting, art direction, copy writing, creative direction, animation, audio, materials testing, multimedia programming.
- Coordinates other professionals as part of the team that provides traditional film style camera techniques, directing, script writing for multimedia and advertising, digital video and audio recording, multi-track sound production, multimedia programming, both traditional and non-linear video editing, and computer based modeling and animation.
- Provides individualized assistance to clients in media production, including graphic design, photography, video production, and multimedia design, in compliance with applicable copyright laws.
- Develops and presents media workshops to train clients in the use of multimedia software and hardware. Research media options to incorporate technology into workshops.
- Assess media needs for projects; make recommendations for media usage and assist in the development of projects. Recommend equipment and software purchases within budget guidelines. Recommend and assist in the design of multimedia and video taping suites.
- Create multimedia designs around general subject assignments.
- Perform duties related to the field as assigned.
- Performs other promotional and outreach duties required.
- Participates in company-wide business development, and marketing activities. Position may require occasional domestic and international travel.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, in arts, design, film and video, communications, or related field
- 5 years experience working in multimedia production
- 3 years experience with engineering and music production
- 3 years experience in video and multimedia presentations
- Understanding all aspects of the multimedia process, from creation, design to distribution
- 3 years experience as Team leader of multimedia projects, Project management, budget monitoring and staff supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple assignments, and work well with other interdisciplinary teams
- Proven record of customer satisfaction, detailed oriented and extremely organized
- Exceptional communication and writing ability
- Experience using: Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, Sound Forge, Custom Plugins and Encoders/decoders to create multimedia projects
- Must provide samples of multimedia projects
- Experience producing products for diverse audiences including youth, an multicultural and multilingual
- Familiarity or at a minimum exposure to any of the following topic areas: health, environment, science and technology, humanities, socio anthropology, arts, and entertainment
- Graphics design skills, video editing, experience with software including Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, Dreamweaver, Image Ready, Go-Live, Quick Time Pro, Adobe Acrobat Pro